Join our Community

Interested in meeting a fantastic group of people and getting all the latest on PS4 Social worlds?

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discontinuation Of Publishing New Content For Japan And Asian Countries And Regions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by C.Birch, Aug 30, 2013.

1. C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner
    Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +261 /59
    #1 C.Birch, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
    Today Sony Japan has confirmed they will stop adding new content to PlayStation Home after September 2013 in SCEJ and after March 2014 in SCAsia regions, SCEA and SCEE will continue to fully support their PlayStation Communities.

Below is the full press note from SCEJ.

On a side note YourPSHome.net will still be supporting all regions of PlayStation Home and we have no plans of dropping support while the Home community is still active.

2. mad-man

mad-man Dark Jedi

Ratings:
    +47 /6
    oh :shit: !
    :crybaby:

3. faga4567

faga4567 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +113 /3
    Let's see how things will change with Home in a month or 2. Hard to speculate what will happen by March 2014. Maybe things will pickup, but everything currently given is pointing the other direction :cry:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
      +261 /59
      The main problem i have been seeing for the last 6 months is the number of Sony Home team members that have been moved on to other projects or have moved to new company's, then you got key staff from 3rd party's going also and them taking on new projects outside of Home.

All I'll say is no matter what, as long as Home is on PS3 go out and enjoy it, because its not so much the new content but the community that makes Home, Home.

• Like Like x 1
      • mad-man

mad-man Dark Jedi

Ratings:
        +47 /6
        Damn, I have good time with ps-home in this 2 years.
        I just can't accept the reality, and thing ends up this way.
        :facepalm:

• Turbo Tom

Turbo Tom Active Member

Ratings:
        +9 /1
        Whenever I used Home in Japan it always seems like there are a lot of users, I haven't been on other Asian Homes for a long time but back then they never where very lively, I just don't understand what is the meaning of this exactly and what is stopping, all content altogether? from Sony and 3rd parties, events and selling items, rewards, so this means that after September 2013 in Japan Home there will be absolutely nothing new at all?

If they don't do new events and don't sell anything new, I can't see them making much money at all, and therefore I can't see them keeping the servers active for very long because they must cost good money to maintain live, doesn't make any sense, I hope they provide more info soon, all the signs leading up to this don't sound very encouraging, the end is nigh? I hope not :shrug:

Wait and see what happens and enjoy Home while we have it, that's what I'll keep doing.

• C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
        +261 /59
        All it means is from after them dates, you will not get any new content within them regions, basically you can still use Home, use old content and likely buy old content, you just not see any new items or spaces/events take place there.

• Turbo Tom

Turbo Tom Active Member

Ratings:
        +9 /1
        Ok but I just don't understand why they would do that doesn't make sense to me, maybe sales haven't been good at all, and in that case would taking this action make any sense? to me it just doesn't maybe someone on here can enlighten me ;)

• HOPPER_34

HOPPER_34 Senior Birdhound

Ratings:
        +112 /7
        Well that's a rather sudden announcement, but maybe not entirely unexpected. If there was a region that seemed more committed to the platform than the others over the years, it has been JP. The short notice is just another fine example of Sony doing their thing--thanks for all of your money and support.....we're bailing out now.

• C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
        +261 /59
        Japan & Asia have the smallest Home teams with the smallest install base, The cost of them keeping staff on to make new content and to publish 3rd party's content is likely the biggest point be hide it all.

• Turbo Tom

Turbo Tom Active Member

Ratings:
        +9 /1
        Thanks for the replies, I'll stop thinking about it and enjoy it as usual otherwise my head'll explode :p

• Firefly

Firefly Survivor of Sword Arts Online

Ratings:
        +67 /2
        Very sad news. But hopefully that just means Sony Japan will stop making content. Sony has dwindled it's role in making content over the years anyways. Hopefullly that means 3rd Parties will continue. I hope Granzella and Peakvox a long life in Japan Home.

:)

• C.Birch

C.Birch Site Owner

Ratings:
        +261 /59
        It's unclear, but going by the wording used "will cease publishing new content" it sounds like they will not be publishing any new content, 1st party or 3rd party. Keep in mind that Sony publish the 3rd party content to Home.

• InSight

InSight Active Member

Ratings:
        +2 /0
        Here comes the shockwave...

• kwoman32

kwoman32 Head Administrator

Ratings:
        +263 /52
        #15 kwoman32, Aug 30, 2013
        Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
        This is alarming news, but as Hopper said, not entirely unexpected. Since Sony never tells its customers what they are doing, we had no way of knowing just what they have in mind for the future. AND this does nothing to clear that up! It will just make speculation run more rampant than ever. Still, Home COULD be around for a bit; Home COULD still make it to the PS4 someday ; OR this could be the beginning of the end for PS Home. We just don't know. This is an absolute FAILURE of corporate public relations on Sony's part. Inexcusable for such a large company to treat its customers with such disregard.

The network errors we have all been experiencing for some time now (MONTHS) are an indication Sony has little desire to sink profits into improving infrastructure.

So thank you Sony for telling us this and still managing to leave us in the dark.

Horribly sad that the region that has given us the BEST events (something SCEA could never manage to do) is going dead.

PLAYSTATION®HOMEDISCONTINUATION OF PUBLISHING NEW CONTENTFOR JAPAN AND ASIAN COUNTRIES AND REGIONS

• Like Like x 3
        • ReccaWolf

ReccaWolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
          +89 /13
          We still have the issue surrounding about the Home community and PS4 - if Home will exist or not, and whether the events, updates, and new content be available again. It's still a question everyone is having now. It is sad we will not be enjoying Japanese or other regional holiday events now and forever with this bad news, but I will still support it no matter what direction it'll lie.

I still hope though it will not take off Home completely.

• mad-man

mad-man Dark Jedi

Ratings:
          +47 /6
          No more Money God Event in Asia Region.
          :no:

• ReccaWolf

Ratings:
          +89 /13
          Asia Home will stop sometime after March 2014. We'll have one more Money God event during that time, since it starts sometime around January.

• Like Like x 1
          • gary160974

gary160974 I adore Uzi08

Ratings:
            +22 /11
            Ive spent loads on ps3 yet they replace it with ps4 same as they did with my ps2 and my ps1 before that, and ill still spend money on games and DLC now, why because I enjoy it.

If a business doesnt release figures like they dont with home, it means theres nothing to celebrate, N Dreams did celebrate a million unique visitors to Aurora but it took a year in four regions and doest account for multiple account users, when you think a medocre games sales in one region over 3 months is about 1 million copies no one should really be shocked by this announcement.

If users give up on the last regions of home though it will become a self fullfilling prophecy of doom.

If they did ditch home im sure a few of us can do fashion shoots on saints row lol

• ReccaWolf

Ratings:
            +89 /13
            I would agree with Carla about 3rd party content though I hope it doesn't come to that. It's just too sad to see Shoei Kingdom and Chatting Farm not having any updates and events anymore. I still wish the Shoei guys would come though.

Verification:
          Draft saved Draft deleted